Wednesday, April 1, 2009

IS IT TRUE

Does anyone believe that story of the talking fish in new square? You know the one that happened quite a few years ago and everyone was going crazy about. I think too many parables about talking fish have gotten to their heads, dontcha think? If I am not mistaken the fish talked about Messiah (of course). I don't see how the story could have gotten that big, if I told that over to someone, they would think I'm joking or think I'm crazy. Well, do you believe this story or not, and would you eat this fish if you saw it talking?

11 people gave their 2 cents:

Sally Hazel said...

April 1 is almost over!

Originally From Brooklyn said...

The story happened to a friend of mine's uncle. But then my friend tells lots of tall tales, his uncle probably takes after him.

Ookamikun said...

Didn't it speak to a goy or something, some Mexican worker.

I'd eat it. Then again, whenever I see an aquarium with fish in it, the first thing that comes to mind is sushi...

citizen of brooklyn north said...

This was in the Journal News today. sounds as idiotic as when it first came out.

Talmudist said...

to rearrange some of the words in your post: 'big' 'fish', 'true' 'mashiach' 'story'; sure - the Leviathan!

Something Different said...

What Bracha do you make on a fish?

Baruch she'amar!

Mikeinmidwood said...

Sally Hazel

Oh, it wasnt meant to be a joke.

Child Ish Behavior

If I were to say this, I would say "Iknow someone who has a friend whose uncle it happened to" very believable

Moshe

See child ish's comment, we seem to have a machloikes.

Citizen O Brookly North

I saw it on vos iz neias yesterday.

Talmudist

can I get a gematria

Something different

lol.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I remember this story, I remember believing it. Now I'm not so gullible I think.

Talmudist: lol, that was perfect

Mikeinmidwood said...

The Jewish Side O Babysitter

Dont be so hardon yourself for being gullible, half of new square (my skware) was/is too.

Der Shygetz said...

BS"D

I buy one fish from Williamsburgh and der anderer from Monroe and throw dem in myne akvarium until I ready to schecht dem.

But all day dey scream at each other tinks like "Shygetz" "Apikores" "Goy Gomur" end worse tinks I not goink to reprint here so in the end I give one to Aron de ket and de oder one to myne uder ket hiz name is Zali.

Instead I end up mit da 2 ketzelach tellink each uder shygetz aross so I schecht dem both.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Der Shygetz

I would have have fed the cats to the dogs.