Friday, February 6, 2009

THE CHALLAH THIEF

It was in a unmentionable place where it happened. The scene: My mother buying challah, a cart that cant fit through all the aisles and the challah thief.

It was today, a Friday, that it happened. My mother was out buying challah in Mountain fruit, she doesn't like water challah only egg and round, She picks up the last two chalot of that kind. As she was going around another aisle, with her cart unattended (something that should never be done in Jewish stores) due to small aisles, a person went to her cart took out one of her good challos and put in a lesser quality challah instead. My mother only noticed that she now had the wrong type of challah when she came to the register.

This person had the chutzpah to take out something from another cart, and not only that, but to switch it with another one, that's absurd. I understand if you by mistake added something to someone elses cart, you get confused it happens, but this person is just wrong. Something tells me that its not the first time they did it.

So watch out all you unmentional place goers, there is a challah thief (I will find out who you are). If you have any information at all (not giving you the name of the store so I am making it kind of hard), don't keep it to yourself, contact us with a comment below, you can keep yourself anonymous if you'd like.

11 people gave their 2 cents:

G6 said...

This should surprise me, but somehow it doesn't...
It's enough to make a person a "Jewish Anti-Semite"

G6 said...

Sorry... I guess you're right.
I should have been "dan l'chaf zechus"....

Anonymous said...

Very seinfeldian, sans the marble rye.

DavenedByDeKoisel said...

"My mother was out buying challah in Mountain Fruit". "(not giving you the name of the store so i am making it kind of hard)" I am officially confused, did it happen in Mountain Fruit or not?

Either way I'm thinking of inventing lockable tops for shopping carrts just for this type of problem!!

Jacob Da Jew said...

Seriously, why does she buy in a supermarket challahs when there are plenty of good bakeries abound?

Anonymous said...

That's just wrong. Of all the low down nasty things to do, but hey, why expect more, it's Flatbush. You should leave and not turn back like I did.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Speak No Evil

But there was no old lady.

Davened By The koisel

At first I wrote the name, and then I "erased it", so what good does that help. The lock is a good idea.

Jacob Da Jew

I dont know why.

Honestly Frum

Those who leave just cant man up to the situation; prove yourself strong and come back. ;)

Anonymous said...

Never, I cringe when I need to go back. Also, everytime we go to Brookyln my kid get's sick. He's been doing it since he's an infant. I guess brooklyn repulses him as much as it does me.

Ookamikun said...

Go to Glatt Mart and buy Zommick's break apart.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Honestly Frum

Teaching your children to be wimps eh.

Moshe

I like the one we normally get.

Anonymous said...

sorry i didnt mean to take it, it was just sitting there