Wednesday, December 24, 2008

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

New years is coming. I don't normally hold of it, in any sort of way. This year I decided to do something for it. I will make a new years resolution.

At first I had no clue what to make it on. I wanted to change some of my habits; be more considerate of others, blah blah blah. I needed something that would suffice, something that I can relate to. I thought of going on a diet, but I don't need to go on one (maybe after all this sufganiot I will).

I asked people to choose for me. One said "lend money, and tell people they don't have to pay back". I don't know what it was, that made me not agree with that one. Another said "how about a resolution to never make a resolution". I told him that people always break their resolutions.

Now at this point I was about to give up. I had no idea what I would make a resolution on. Too many ideas that just couldn't fit out in words, or I just couldn't keep up with. Besides all this, I told myself I would only make one. Then I thought of something that everyone wants, something that, when ever you make a resolution, you want it. I decided to CHANGE. I reinforced it saying, even our country is making a new years resolution for change. Our president elect is being inaugurated on January 1st; he ran on the "We need change" ticket.

I dont think I will end up keeping it, and neither do I think our president elect will, for every resolution is always broken, one way or another, in the end.

11 people gave their 2 cents:

Lakewood Falling Down said...

I hope Obama keeps his promise. I need change. Pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters. Maybe I can get the kind of change the government gives AIG & GM.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Hey, I'm gonna come back to comment later, just wanted to let you know I tagged you Here

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

o, and another thing, I saw someone came to my blog through a certain link, so I checked it out and then I saw your post too was there!

Mikeinmidwood said...

Lakewood Falling Down

The owners of ford, chrysler, and GM, fly into Washington D.C. on their nice jets. They ask for money to refuel their jets... oops. I mean to help them with their financial crisis. If Only I flew in like that; I'd be rich.

Babysitter

the first link wasn't in favor of me. I don't think Scargosun and Leisha Camden would have ever visited my blog if it didn't say atheist. Leisha Camden called me an atheist.
The second one is a better one. Thanks.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

MikeInMidwood: Where does what say Athiest?

Dunno who those people are. I guess I gotta read the posts to find out.

and you mixed up the first and the second?

Mikeinmidwood said...

Babysitter

There was a post not too long ago on the atheist topic. It needed revising but I never got around to doing it, so everything is in the comments. Leisha Camden and scargosun never read (that read sounds like red) the comments.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Ok, I'll check it out...I'm just so behind in everything. But 5 weeks should give me time to catch up!

Maidel said...

You're officially tagged:

http://materialmaidel.blogspot.com/2008/12/meme-me-me.html

Mikeinmidwood said...

Material Maidel

That was thoughtful.

Anonymous said...

My new year resolution is to make self Happy n all others Happy,Enjoy living in present,stop procrastinating and take complete responsibility where ever I'm.Pray for all the people all around for their absolute Happiness,peace,prosperity blossom in all aspects of Life.

Thank you.

Cheers&LOL:)

Gifts to chennai|Gifts to Bangalore|Gifts to India

Mikeinmidwood said...

Avagdro

Thats great, what you want still may not happen.