Saturday, December 6, 2008

CHANUKAH IS COMING!!

I love Chanukah for it brings back great memories. In school we would take the latkes they gave for lunch; stick a wick in it, light it, and watch how long it takes to burn out. How I used to stay up all 8 nights waiting for Hanukah Harry or Chanukah Chaim. Most of all I like Chanukah for a good Sufgani'ot. I don't know where to find some good ones around. Anyone have a clue? I know this post is a little early, but I am desperate.

9 people gave their 2 cents:

NotaGeek! said...

"stick a wick in it, light it, and watch how long it takes to burn out"

Mikeinmidwood said...

Not A Geek

It was fun.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

When you say sufganyot, you mean particularly jelly doughnuts?

This chanukah I'm gonna try to see if I can make my own latkes and chanukah stuff, we'll see.

I dunno which store has good ones, but I'd say any bakery should do.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Babysitter

No other type of sufganiot. Please, your joking right? "just any bakery should do". Only in Israel could you say that.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I'm not joking, I don't like jelly doughnuts, so I always have the same type, the white with sprinkles, where I don't end up eating the sprinkles.

I guess I can't be a real judge since I don't like those.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Babysitter

You might as well go to dunkin doughnuts. The real stuff are only made, well, by a few places. I dont know where to go.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

We used to go to dunkin donuts and we would get the ones with pink and green and all different cool types. But now we don't go there anymore, we don't hold of the Hashgacha, not sure if my family is the only one or not. So yea, can't go there. I like entimens though, the ones with the crumble stuff on top. Although when we were in Philidelphia or Baltimore or somewhere, they had this donut place, forgot which one that offered free donuts, so we got fresh hot ones, it was just a shame that they were milichig and we were fleishig so we had to wait 6 hours till we could eat them.

Mikeinmidwood said...

If you went to dunkin Doughnuts, you are missing it all.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

yea, but it was a long time ago, so it's not so bad. It's just a fond memory.