Wednesday, January 28, 2009

10,000

I have finally hit the 10,000 visitors mark. I told myself at 5,000 that there is no need to celebrate, there is still a bigger celebration to come, and here it is.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank (sniffle, sniffle) all (sniffle) all... all (looks at teleprompter) all the people who helped me achieve this milestone, my parents, my brothers, and all those who supported me till this great moment (sniffle) (someone runs over to me and whispers "Don't forget G-d"), Oh and of course G-d who gave the everything I needed.

Yes, I was thinking something like that, but not as emotional. And really thanks to all of you for keeping this site great, you're the ones who gave me 10,000. (probably half the visitors were myself anyway)

16 people gave their 2 cents:

Originally From Brooklyn said...

you do realize that you can block yourself out of the count, don't you?

Originally From Brooklyn said...

O and congratulations. ;-)

Mikeinmidwood said...

Child Ish Behavior

I realize people think there are more people visiting. and thanks.

G6 said...

Mazal Tov!
I might've been one or two of those visits ;)
And I've enjoyed them very much (most of the time anyway ;0 )

Mikeinmidwood said...

As long as people enjoy its great to do what I do.

frum single female said...

mazel tov mike.as you know im one of those 10,000 hits.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Frum Single Female

I didnt forget your one of them, and thanks for the hearty mazel tov.

Ookamikun said...

I think I also finally broke 10k this week, gotta check.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Congrats on the 10,000!

Moshe: congrats if you did it too!

and I've got a great firefox add on called "auto pager" that helps give me more hits, lol. What it does is, that in pages where you normally would have to click "more" or "see older posts" it will load the page for you, so you only have to scroll down, and don't have to click anything. So what happens is, that even if you don't want to read other posts, it counts each post you scroll down on, or each page load or something as a hit. So it helps whoever's blog I'm reading. If you notice in stat counter you'll see like 10 at a time from me.

Originally From Brooklyn said...

B: seems like cheating to me.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Childish: lol, can't help it though, that's just the way it works. But it's very convenient for looking at google searches.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Babysitter

and here I am thinking how did she get 5000 in half the time it took me to get 5000. Now we know your dark secret.

Child Ish

Of course its cheating.

Ookamikun said...

More hits, but not more visits. I don't think anyone's counting hits. 1 visit is any number of page hits per IP and/or cookie per, I'm guessing, day.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

MikeInMidwood: I only just added it recently, so it didn't contribute to that. Plus it evens out, cause its not only my blog that it adds to, it adds to everyone.

Moshe: Yesterday I had 100 page loads and 57 visitors. 23 returning visitors.

Dude with hat (aka BTS) said...

Mazal tov!

Mikeinmidwood said...

Dude With Hat (A.K.A. BTS)

Thanks.