Thursday, June 11, 2009

ON PATROL

Today me and my friend took a stroll through boro(ugh) park. We were schmoozing it up, having tons of fun, laughing at chassidish women with 10 children following behind them and over stuffed strollers. Watching chassidim hitch rides across boro(ugh) park. Guessing how many hatzoloh and shomrim members we can identify. Then we looked for a new game, one that was fun an easy to play. We made up a new game called "name the chossid". Basically, whenever you see a chassid, you have to correctly call them "Tuna beigel" or "Yoeli", then you can argue whether they fit the category of tuna beigel or yoeli. Its very easy to identify a TB, if they have a cigarette, or they aren't wearing any black clothing, or they have a ring of useless keys with 400 keys or so, or they came out of a Cadillac Escalade or Chevy Tahoe or even a Lexus. Some where in between both categories and hard to tell what side they leaned towards.

I had a lot of fun and would do it again, it beats any day watching baseball.

12 people gave their 2 cents:

Anonymous said...

i love how you write boro(ugh) park.. 'ugh' indeed!

G6 said...

You neglected to mention one of my personal fascinations...

That mother with 10 kids? All her kids are in *matching* clothes! Now what happens when kid #1 outgrows his/her outfit?

Does food stamps cover this???!?

Something Different said...

you cant fit all of them into TB and yoily categories. There are many more.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

"laughing at chassidish women with 10 children following behind them and over stuffed strollers"

chassidhs women aren't the only one's with 10 kids!

Although my sister came home from her teachers house telling me an incredible story how her teacher is one of 16! and they have a huge house and a roof with a swing set and all these cool stuff.

So yoeli's are the sincere chassidish people?

Mikeinmidwood said...

Anon

I didnt mean it that way, but I was thinking someone would.
I actually meant to compensate both types of spelling of boro park I mean Borough park, one is the chasidish way and the other is normal.

G6

They could have been from 8 different families, but they all look the same to me, like chinese people.

Something Different

Yess you can.

Ex Babysitter

But how they do it is so much funnier. Yoeli is the sincere chossid.

Anonymous said...

yo guys im becoming a new blogger

its gonna b cald
every1 hates mikeinmidwood.blogspot.com
its gonna b all abt how every1 hates mike in midwood

Mikeinmidwood said...

Do I get my own tv show too? and can I star in it? of course then I would also have to direct because you wouldnt know comedy if it slapped you across the face.

Originally From Brooklyn said...

Sounds like lots of fun, hehe.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Oh it was.

Altie said...

lol thats your kind of fun? entertaining, to say the least.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Altie

It not my only type of fun, but one of them.

lirehagi said...

cmon, quit making fun of tuna beigels, i've met a few theyre nice- oh, who am i kidding? theyre hysterical!