Tuesday, May 5, 2009

YOU-TOPIA

Many times people come up with philosophies of what they think the world should be like. They use all their methods of persuasion just to get people to agree with them, if they go really far they try implementing their ideas into society. Some people want equalness to its fullest, with people not judging one another based on how they look, but whats on the inside, and there will be no crimes committed, and everyone will be understanding of one another. Others want a world where the stupid are enslaved, or another race is enslaved (that's called racism). Religious people want a world where everyone serves G-d, for the sake of g-d, and for some the opposite (not believing in g-d).

People are just trying to change the world to be, what they consider, a perfect place in their minds (for example: Karl Marx). Now its great that you want a perfect world, but think, will you be able to live in your utopia? You have problems; you get angry, you're not always understanding, you don't always judge people favorably, you're stupid at times, you're not always religious at times, you might push someone out of the way just because you want to, because of this you wont even be able to live in your perfect society you dreamed of. Having a utopia is impossible if you live in it (and everyone else is perfect), you do one thing wrong and you're teaching others to act the same way, thereby disrupting the utopia.

A utopia can never be succeeded, because for a world to exist it needs flexibility and some breaking of the rules, due to us and are not so consistent lifestyles.

6 people gave their 2 cents:

Sally Hazel said...

what prompted this post? (btw, loved 3=paragraphs-only)

Mikeinmidwood said...

Sally Hazel

I saw child Ish's post about a perfect world and btw I had you in mind when I wrote it so short.

Originally From Brooklyn said...

When I read this I knew you were thinking of me. The thing is I don't ask for a utopia. I ask for the same world we have now, just countryless, with each person responsible for their own actions,perhaps a worldwide libertarian government.

Good post, BTW. I like your response. And I totally agree. There is no perfect world besides for the perfect world we live in now.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Child Ish Behavior

I think it could be better than it is now, but not too much

Ookamikun said...

I'll still favor frum skeptic's utopia. Stupid people get on my nerves.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Moshe

When I wrote about enslaving stupid people, I had her utopia in mind.