Sunday, November 30, 2008

THE IRONY OF THINGS

Throughout my time in the blogging velt, I have been complimented and criticized. Some people say some great things and then, well.... their actions say differently. One person commented

"I luv you, mike. Don't take me too seriously, i'm an youngish thinking and looking grandmother. i love your blogs. you hit the nail on the head. you should write in a newspaper. It will probably be banned by the frummies for telling the truth. They can't stand the truth."

Then, that person never showed up again. also a person named Ahuva K said

"just found your blog.
Love the "Midwood is what everyone calls Flatbush" - that irks me as well :)"

That person didn't last long either.
Then I had a Troll, who handed me a post with 112 comments, he liked making fun of everyone, and hating everything. He did end up saying, he liked my blog better than Moshe's, but that's only because Moshe blocked him. I didn't think the post with the most comments, will come from someone, who I didn't want on my site. I also ended up blocking him. If you would like to read those comments here is the link

I liked the troll better, than the ones who complimented. The troll gave me a good laugh. So to sum up "Compliments aren't any good, and the criticism could be better".

21 people gave their 2 cents:

Jacob Da Jew said...

Agreed, If they dont stick around then its all bs.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

well, I wouldn't call it criticism I would call it a bunch of meshugas, so it was just for fun. If it was real criticism I'm not sure you would enjoy it so much.

But yea, often times there are those that just come once leave a nice comment and never show up again. Could be because they got busy, stopped commenting altogether, or just forgot about the blog because they haven't subscribed. Or could be they were waiting for a comment back from you, to see if they should continue reading your blog.

NotaGeek! said...

"just found your blog.
Love the "Midwood is what everyone calls Flatbush" - that irks me as well :)"

Mikeinmidwood said...

Jacob Da Jew

Bs is the best way of putting it.

Ex Babysitter

Yeah, its really not criticism.

Not A Geek

You are implying one of the following three answers. you are the one who originally wrote that. 2) You fit into that category of what the person said. 3) you are about to never show up again on this blog. I hope its the second.

Lion of Zion said...

MIKE:

some people just read and don't comment. nothing wrong with that.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Lion O Zion

If they like what they read, they could do the author a favor, and tell them it was good.

Anonymous said...

Mike: I read plenty of blogs and don't comment.

I read your blog regularly, but don't comment that often.

I'm not going to say anything unless I have something to say.

Also, before I had my own blog, I definitely didn't comment, it's too big a pain to set up a username (yes, I know it really isn't, but at that point it seemed so to me)

Ookamikun said...

I know some of my friends read my blog and don't comment and it is kinda annoying. I guess when we want people to comment it's more of a need to see that they're reading than an interest about what they think.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

MikeInMidwood: First of all smart idea to write this post and get comments from those saying they read the blog but just don't comment often. But that's also why there's stat counter, so you can feel good knowing there's people reading, even if you don't get comments.

Second, check the comment I wrote back about Not Just Typical's thanksgiving post.

Third, funny about the "ex babysitter". Actually, once I finish my 100 posts, then I'm going to change my profile to my Jewish one, so that I won't have the babysitter name anymore.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Sporadic Intelligence

Hey, don't be shy comment.

Moshe

You dove into all our subconscious thought.

Babysitter

Oh no! a compliment.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Ex Babysitter

You are right, in some ways. (Referring to the extra holiday)

Anonymous said...

Another silent reader coming out of the woodwork here...

Like sporadicintelligence, I don't comment because usually I have nothing to say. I do enjoy your blog, and I'd post a comment saying "Hey, good post" or something for everything you write, but that might get a bit tedious... :)

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

MikeInMidwood: lol, don't worry I'll still be commenting.

Anonymous said...

ok, here's a comment; you left out a comma when you wrote

"don't be shy comment"

it should be,

"don't be shy, comment"

it's a parenthetical comma, when you add on extra info to sentence that the sentence can technically do without (don't be shy is a complete sentence)

it also makes for easier reading because the reader breaks up the sentence according to the punctuation...punctuation is meant to serve a substitute for the voice adding intonation, pauses etc...blah blah blah....

you really don't want me blithering on...

Mikeinmidwood said...

Anon

No one would know. We would think, it could be a different anon. Get a name, so we all know who you are (sort of).

Sporadic Intelligence

No! The gramar natzis have caut up with me wut wil I evr do 2 sayv myselph. ;)

Anonymous said...

yo i'm back, thanks for putting me in one of your blogging stories

by the way back to good old times whats the point of your site

and dont try to block me i'll just get in some other way like the library on ave. j and 16th which you blocked already

yes i know you know who i am. you told two people

by the way moshe, i like the picture

Anonymous said...

your friend,
BIG DOPE

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

see I was right, you do know eachother.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Ok Miss Babysitter.

I would like to tell that this person, who ever it is, is lying, and probably feels the need to mess with my mind. I am not at all concerned that, this person knows me, you shouldnt either.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Mike In Midwood: I'm not really concerned either way.

Just my curiosity getting the better of me.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Babysitter

dont let it.