Thursday, June 26, 2008

NOTHING TO WRITE ABOUT

The following was inspired by a true story:

There I am sitting in front of the computer at my desk. I go to my blog Mikeinmidwood. (if you didnt know what site your on here it is). I check the comments and then check the "Other sites I visit". I think I need to write a post but what? I click on new post and I just sit there waiting for something new or a good idea to come up. Hmmm.....sports, nah! I dont talk about sports. I dont want to do another Shadchan post for a while either. What, what is there what is there to write about.

So I just sit there for a while looking at a blank screen. (almost blank). (Speculating) How does http://frumsatire.net/ put up so much? Its like he has so much time on his hands to find these things. anyway I got to think of a post. Oh! Ill look at my labels and see if they give me an idea. Nope nothing there. Will I run out of things to write very soon?

I could make "a you write your own post post". It could work as I just put up a post saying in the comments write your own post on anything. That wouldnt be a bad idea so if you want in this posts comments write you own post. Its for the people who have a blog but they want to write something that wont fit with thier blog. Anyway, then I start thinking of the weirdest topics. Usually those weird topics dont make it in but this time it did.

Finally, inspiration has occured, with blazing speed I type up the new post. ( I am actually a pretty slow typer). Its called I just had nothing to write about so I decided to put up a post where I have nothing to write about. (Just this second while writing this post I got an idea for a new one sometime with in the next 24 hours it will be up).

There is a post I wanted to write but I didnt have enough information and is being worked on in my head its called "SHUL POLITICS". If anyone would like me to post about something comment about it and I will try.

10 people gave their 2 cents:

MAK said...

I've done that, I think I actuall have a couple of posts that say that I couldn't think of anything to post. Oh, and I answered your comment on my blog about the cat.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Mak

I just read the comment. ;)

Moshe said...

Wow, dude, when you have nothing to write about, you write quiet a lot.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Moshe

I wanted to post so I decided to put whats on my mind it ended up being nothing. I guess I have a lot of nothing to say

sam the breakdancing man said...

about the shul politics didnt you already post about that



and when you cant think of anything to write just dont write anything [thats what i would do]

oh just so you know im changing my name to sam the breakdancing man
cause thats what i am

sam the breakdancing man said...

oh sorry sam the organizer is sam the breakdancer

The Babysitter said...

That's why its good to have a topic for the blog. Like by me, I always have stuff to write, cause I think of the topic then I think about what relates to it, or I tie in other things to it. Just lately I got other papers/speeches to work on, so I work on that first, and then once I'm done with it I post it.

You can look at the news for inspiration of something to write about. Doesn't have to be politics or sports, just any news feed.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Babysitter

I usually like to post so I try to think of one not wait till I have one.

Jacob Da Jew said...

Its not a big deal not to post. Blogging should be out of want, not need.

rehead said...

I'm with Moshe on this one - for not having anything to say, you said quite a lot. And you don't have to feel obligated to post if you have nothing to write about. It's your blog, no one's holding a sword to your throat.
At the same time, this post was amusing to read :)